How To Protect Your Birmingham Home From Termites
April 15, 2022
Birmingham is a wonderful place to live. It is the second-most populous city in Alabama and is historic as the founding city for the recognition of Veterans Day. However, as with living in any place, there are a few drawbacks. One of the most common problems that homeowners in Birmingham face is the threat posed by the variety of invasive pests that target properties in the city. Of all of the pests that can cause problems for homeowners in Birmingham, one of the most frequent and dangerous pests are termites.
About The Termite Caste System
Termites live in extremely large colonies, often numbering in the tens of thousands, and can reach up to a million individual termites. The termites within these colonies categorize themselves into a caste system with three distinguishing roles that each provide essential contributions to their colony:
- Workers: Workers make up the vast majority of a given termite colony, often accounting for more than ninety percent of the total termites. Worker termites conduct most of the work in the colony and are responsible for building tunnels as well as caring for the young.
- Soldiers: They consist of a much smaller proportion of termite colonies. This caste typically makes up under five percent of a termite colony. These termites are physically bigger than those in the worker caste and are responsible for dealing with any threats from predators.
- Reproductives: A limited number of termites in a given colony are part of the reproductive caste. Members of this caste are solely responsible for growing the population of a colony and for forming new ones. There is only one set of primary reproductive termites in a colony, and they are responsible for the majority of a colonies’ reproduction. They are known as the king and queen and are the biggest termites in the colony.
Reach out to the experts at EnviroCare Lawn & Pest Services to consult with our team of expert pest technicians if you have seen signs of termite activity on your property.
How Termites Can Destroy Your Home Without You Knowing
Termites are one of the most difficult pests to get rid of if they decide to infest your property. The primary factor that makes these dangerous pests so hard to get rid of is the fact that they stay almost completely out of sight, and you will often only find them after signs of termite damage have been noticed. Termites both live inside of and consume the wood that they infest and will not be seen scuttling across your floors. As they infest your walls and other wooden parts of your property, they will silently eat away at the wood, causing severe damage and potentially compromising the structural integrity of your home.
How To Remove Factors That Attract Termites To Your House
Although an infestation of termites is a serious problem and will always require professional services to eliminate, there are ways that you can protect your home and reduce the chances of an infestation from occurring. Practical ways of protecting your home include removing factors that attract termites onto your property. Practical ways to make your home less attractive to termites include:
- Allowing distance between any mulch on your property and your house
- Ensuring that you don’t stack firewood or lumber wood against your house
- Regularly inspecting and repairing any cracks or holes on your property that could serve as entry points for termites
Feel free to contact the termite control experts at EnviroCare Lawn & Pest Services for further information on how to safeguard your property against termites.
The Best Termite Control For Your Birmingham Home
While taking preventative measures against termites effectively reduces the chance of infestation, it is still possible for one to occur. Fortunately for homeowners in Birmingham, EnviroCare Lawn & Pest Services is here to help you deal with any termite problems that you may be facing.
As a local Birmingham area termite and pest control specialist, EnviroCare Lawn & Pest Services has been serving communities in the greater Birmingham area since 1958. Our expert team of certified and highly trained pest technicians has experience in dealing with termite infestations and the variety of other invasive pests across Birmingham.
Call us today if you have seen signs of termite activity on your property. These pests need to be dealt with immediately due to the severe damage that they can cause to your property. We will work with you to develop a customized pest control plan for your specific situation and provide flexible scheduling options and free estimates.
What EnviroCare Customers Are Saying
Called several other companies and they couldn’t solve my any problem. EniroCare took care of everything the first visit! They were super helpful and nice. They told me to call back anytime if I had a problem. I’m definitely sticking with these guys! If you have ants or any other problem call EnviroCare!
Get Started With EnviroCare Lawn & Pest Services Today(205) 606-4882
Reach out for immediate lawn care and pest management in Birmingham, AL, and surrounding areas.