Pest Control In Hoover, AL
Have you ever been to one of those places that's just so perfect; it feels like it was ripped from the pages of a storybook? Well, Hoover is one of those places. It's a beautiful city with a lot to offer. But, like all cities, it has a common problem: pests.
Pests can be a nightmare for businesses and homeowners alike. They can cause extensive damage and much more. Dealing with an infestation on your own is risky, and it can even make the problem worse.
For fast, safe, and reliable pest control solutions, speak to your nearest Jefferson or Shelby County pest control firm for assistance.
EnviroCare Lawn & Pest Services is your local, family-owned, and operated business specializing in all types of pest control services. We have over 60 years of experience dealing with pests in the Hoover area.
Residential Pest Control In Hoover
No one wants pests in their home. They're unsightly, can cause damage, and can be dangerous to your family's health. If you have a pest problem in your Hoover home, don't try to deal with it on your own.
Among the most common pests in Hoover are:
- Ants: Ants are one of the most common pests in Hoover. They can enter your home in search of food and water, and once they're inside, they are difficult to eradicate.
- Cockroaches: They're attracted to damp, dark places, which means they often live in kitchens and bathrooms. Cockroaches can carry diseases, so it's crucial to get rid of them as soon as possible.
- Spiders: Spiders are often found in the dark, secluded areas such as basements and attics. While most spiders are harmless, some can be dangerous.
- Termites: Termites are a major problem in Hoover. They can cause extensive damage to your home, and they're not easy to eliminate.
- Rodents: Rodents, such as mice and rats, are attracted to food. They can contaminate your food, spread diseases, and damage property.
Each of these pests requires a unique approach to control and eliminate. EnviroCare Lawn & Pest Services has the knowledge and experience to get rid of your problem fast. We also offer monthly and quarterly residential pest control services to keep your home pest-free all year long.
If you're dealing with a pest problem, call EnviroCare Lawn & Pest Services today. We'll send one of our experienced technicians to your home to assess the situation and recommend the best treatment option.
Commercial Pest Control In Hoover
You'd be forgiven for thinking that pests are only a problem for homeowners. But the truth is, they can be just as big of a problem for businesses.
- Damage your property
- Contaminate your products/inventory
- Frighten customers
- Make your workplace unsafe for employees
Our commercial pest control process involves the following steps:
- Inspection. We start with a thorough examination of your property to identify the type of pest and the extent of the infestation.
- Identification. Once we've identified the pest, we'll recommend the best treatment.
- Treatment. We use state-of-the-art equipment and products to quickly and effectively eliminate the pest problem.
- Follow-up. We'll schedule regular follow-up visits to ensure the pests are gone for good.
We offer emergency services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. So, if you have a pest problem outside of normal business hours, don't hesitate to give us a call.
What To Do If You Experience Spring Cockroach Problems Around Hoover
Cockroaches are a widespread problem in Hoover, especially during the springtime. They tend to come inside homes and businesses, searching for food, water, and accommodation. If you see one cockroach, there's a good chance there are more hiding nearby. Cockroaches can reproduce quickly, so act soon to get rid of them.
While there are several do-it-yourself methods for getting rid of cockroaches, the best way to eliminate them is to call a professional.
EnviroCare Lawn & Pest Services has been dealing with cockroach problems in Hoover for over 60 years. We have the training, tools, and products to get rid of your cockroach problem quickly and effectively.
Don't wait until the problem gets out of hand. If you think you have a cockroach infestation, call us today.
Hoover's Step-By-Step Guide To Effective Spider Control
Spiders are often seen as pests, but they can actually be beneficial to have around. They eat insects, which helps keep the insect population under control.
However, some spiders can be dangerous, and many people are afraid of them. If you want to control spiders in your home, there are a few things you can do, including:
- Seal up cracks and crevices. Spiders can enter your home through the smallest of openings.
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free. Spiders are attracted to places where they can hide, such as piles of clothes or stacks of newspapers.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove spiders and their webs.
- Deal with any insect infestations. If there are insects in your home, spiders will be attracted to them.
Handling a spider can be dangerous, so it's best to leave it to the professionals. EnviroCare Lawn & Pest Services has a team of experienced technicians who can safely and effectively get rid of spiders in your home.
If you're dealing with a spider problem, call EnviroCare Lawn & Pest Services today.
How To Identify A Fire Ant In Hoover
Fire ants are common invaders of Hoover properties. These pests are potentially harmful to people because of their aggressive nature and ability to deliver many bites as a group. Here are a few ways to distinguish them from other ants:
- Color: As the same would suggest, their coloring falls in the red family, but they can appear in a variety of shades, the span of which includes reddish-brown and reddish-black as well.
- Location: These ants usually live outdoors and mounds appear above the access point to their tunnels. Sometimes fire ants end up inside, as HVAC systems are one of their favorable modes of entry.
- Other physical characteristics: Fire ants also have a set of straight, pronounced antennae and three sets of legs, and they get around using very jittery motions.
- Stings: People can identify fire ants after they’ve been stung by them because their stings result in small, blister-like bumps that might be white in the center.
If you suspect fire ants on your property, the best decision to make is to bring in assistance from EnviroCare Lawn & Pest Services. We have been protecting our neighbors from fire ants for more than 60 years and we remain committed to quality to this day. For more information on fire ant control Hoover, call us today.
How To Silence Hoover's Pesky Crickets
Are you getting sick and tired of hearing pesky crickets chirping at all hours of the day around your Hoover home? If so, you’re not alone.
Crickets in Hoover are among the most annoying nuisance pests many homeowners experience here in Hoover. While they are not as destructive as termites or as hazardous to your health as mosquitoes, they can nevertheless be a major headache during certain times of the year. And although they are harmless on the surface, in that they cannot directly bite or injure people or pets, they can still be an indirect health hazard through the food they contaminate and the bacteria and parasites they can bring inside.
If crickets are keeping you up at night, there is an easy solution: call EnviroCare for help. Our specialized home pest control services are the perfect solution to eliminate any crickets you’re currently seeing from your home and keep them from coming back. Give us a call today for more information about how our comprehensive pest control plans are your one-stop shop to eliminate crickets and other pesky pests from your property.
Five Easy And Effective Mosquito Prevention Tips For Hoover Homes
Mosquitoes appear every spring in Hoover; however, by following these five easy tips, homeowners can aim to avoid them:
- Turn over standing water: One of the most enticing areas of yards is anywhere with stagnant water, so turn over bird baths, pet bowls, and kiddie pools regularly. It’s also important to make sure that water doesn’t collect in play structures, buckets, or tires.
- Try planting certain greenery: There are some plants that contain naturally repelling properties for mosquitoes. Those include lavender, thyme, citronella, and eucalyptus.
- Limit personal attraction: Female mosquitoes are lured to people because they need their blood. In order for people to make themselves less enticing, they should apply EPA-approved topicals, consume less alcohol, wear light-colored clothes, avoid using scented laundry detergent, and stay indoors during dusk and dawn.
- Clean up the yard: Homeowners can make their properties less appealing to mosquitoes by eliminating other breeding grounds. This entails clearing away hedge trimmings and leaf piles, pruning trees to reduce areas of shade, and mowing the lawn routinely.
- Seek professional assistance: By enlisting the services of a pest control professional, homeowners will benefit from technicians with extensive experience. They’ll provide detailed treatments on a recurring basis that are the most impactful ones available.
For more information on mosquito control in Hoover, call EnviroCare Lawn & Pest Services today.
The Best Thing To Do About Flying Termites Around Your Hoover Home
Each year, termites cost homeowners across the country approximately five billion dollars in damages. Their activity can lead to hollow walls, issues with flooring, and collapsing structures in the worst cases.
If you notice flying termites present around your Hoover home, they are likely termite swarmers. It’s important to notice termite swarmers because they are the reproductive members that flee colonies in order to start their own. So if you happen to come across these swarmers, the best thing you can do is bring in professional help.
At EnviroCare Lawn & Pest Services, we have been providing our neighbors with termite care for more than 60 years. We begin our service by delivering a complete home inspection in order to understand the scope of your termite problem and locate where these winged termites are headed. Our technicians are licensed Sentricon® applicators, which is one of the highest quality products on the market. This treatment is one of the most effective around because it can eliminate an entire colony, including the queen. In addition to setting these treatments, we also use monitors in order to prevent future termite populations from developing. For more information on termite control in Hoover, call us today.