Tips And Tricks To Keep Spiders Away From Your Birmingham Home
March 30, 2023
Some people think of spiders and imagine horror movies, while others feel comfortable around them. No matter which side you are on, one thing is sure; spiders belong outside. Birmingham pest control companies are often needed when spiders are abundant on a property or for some that are more dangerous.
We’re here to help you determine if your home has been invaded by common house spiders or some that are cause for concern. We’ll also review techniques to prevent spiders in your home and the best way to get rid of spiders for good. Read on to learn more about these common home invaders and what you can do about them.
How Many Spiders Are Too Many Spiders?
The most logical answer to this question is two; it only takes two spiders in your home to create a large spider family. Common house spiders, for example, lay 250 eggs per sac, and it only takes a week for them to hatch. They can do this up to 17 times a year, so you can see how quickly they can become a problem.
While harmless house spiders don’t generally cause a problem, some spiders in Alabama endanger your family and pets. Even one of these in your home would be a problem. Brown recluse spiders are one species to be careful around. This type of spider will bite if it feels threatened. Their bites cause intense pain, dead tissue, and an ulcerating sore that is very slow to heal.
All The Places Spiders Like To Hide In Your Home
Different types of spiders prefer various hiding places. Common house spiders create many webs in your home, usually in out-of-the-way spaces like ceiling corners and under furniture. Brown recluse spiders spin irregular webs in undisturbed areas of your home, like the basement, attic, and garage.
Parts of your home with a lot of clutter often provide hiding places for spiders. Additionally, yard debris may attract some spiders and offer spots for them to hide. Keeping your home and yard clean and well-maintained can help to keep spiders and insects away.
Six Simple Tips To Prevent Spiders In Your Home
Spider prevention is simple when you know what to do. Here are some helpful tips to prevent spiders in your home:
- Harmless house spiders create many webs. These spiders can usually escape brooms, so frequently vacuum your home to remove webs and egg sacs. Doing so can help prevent spider populations from growing and make your home less hospitable.
- Reducing clutter in your home helps to remove hiding spaces for spiders.
- Check that all windows, doors, and screens are intact and closed properly.
- Seal any cracks and crevices on the outside of your home.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home on a raised structure.
- Working with a pest control company to reduce insect populations helps in prevention and is the best way to get rid of spiders for good. Spiders find our properties attractive when there are a lot of insects around for them to eat.
These simple prevention tips can work to keep most spiders in Alabama outside where they belong.
Professional Pest Control Keeps The Spiders Away
EnviroCare Lawn and Pest Services have kept Birmingham homes spider free since 1958. Whether you have an infestation of harmless house spiders or some that may be dangerous, we will find the best way to get rid of spiders in your home.
Our experienced technicians can also help you to figure out how they are getting in and provide even more suggestions to help prevent spiders in your home. Contact us today to learn how to bundle and save on pest control.